Monday, November 19, 2007

I am knitting a Katamari Ball hat.

I have been working on a knit Katamari Ball hat based on instructions from Easliy Amused. I am using Merino Style yarn from Knit Picks in colors Storm, Asparagus, and Cinnamon.

I entered the gauge from my knitted swatch into the pattern generator for an ear flap hat that was created by The Knitting Fiend as suggested by Easily Amused.

I wrote up a pattern for the bumps which I will post when the hat is complete. I am filling the bumps with 2" Styrofoam balls that have the bottom trimmed off so they have a flat side. I covered the balls with a thin layer of batting and then stuffed them into the feet of stockings before they received their knitted cover.

I can't wait to see the finished product.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there!

I own a little yarn shop north of Toronto called Unwind www.unwindyarnhouse.com

We're considering doing a Color-on-Color scarf knit-a-long and I was wondering if you had any more pictures you could share to encourage our group to give it a go! Or any thoughts, feedback, comments, etc.

Your scarf is GORGEOUS!

Thanks for your help...

Wendy

Unknown said...

Oops...I'm not Ruth by the way. She works at the store and has a blog.

You can reach me at info@unwindyarnhouse.com

Thanks again,

Wendy