Friday, February 29, 2008

New Knitting Pattern: Batgirl gloves

Introducing a new knitting pattern, Batgirl Gloves. Fight crime and keep your hands warm at the same time. These fitted fingerless gloves allow you to harness the feminine power of Batgirl.

My quest is to create knitting patterns that capture the spirit of feminine confidence and power but also have a sense of humor. Batgirl is an icon that captures this spirit. I was inspired to create this pattern after seeing this adorable photo (scroll down a bit) of Natalie Zee Drieu, Senior editor of Craftzine.

The pattern calls for 3 balls of Merino Style yarn from Knit Picks, so they are inexpensive to make.

This pattern and the two other patterns I have created along this same vein (Leia Wig & Breast Pillow) are a available in my etsy store, ansleybleu.etsy.com. More to come!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so great! I can't wait to show my mom - she will be so excited!

Anna said...

These are really fun! I love how they're unique but not overly costume-y.

Jenna said...

Awesome! I just linked to you from my blog at glamarama.net

Tommy! said...

These are a really great idea...good job!

BATMAN FAN? Visit The Bat-Blog!
http://www.bat-blog.com

Thanks, Tommy

Celeste said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know I featured this in my weekly column on Fandomania:

Fandomestic: 10 Fandom-Inspired Fingerless Gloves & Mittens