Wednesday, January 09, 2008

New Knitting Pattern: Breast Pillow

Breasts are a very powerful feminine symbol of nurturing. I created this knit pillow pattern in the spirit of honoring the feminine spirit, but with a sense of humor. It was a present for my boyfriend this past holiday. It makes a cozy addition to our couch pillows.

I dyed my own yarn for this project using Knit Picks Bare Peruvian Highland Wool with Jacquard acid dyes. I wanted colors that referenced the 1960's Playboy cartoon artist, Eldon Dedini.

This 9.5-inch diameter knit breast pillow pattern is worked from the top down using double pointed needles or a circular needle. A circular piece of fleece fabric is sewn into the bottom of the pillow for finishing. The pattern is available in my etsy store,


Regina said...

WOW! That is really great. I'm an aspiring lactation nurse and I think that is pretty cool. Too bad I can't knit!

Geologychick said...

That's awesome - maybe I'll buy one for Mark to sleep on! HA! When are we going to see you again?

arantxa said...

wow!!!!it´s great!!!!

Claudette said...

Random Comment: where is the least expensive place to purchase needles? I've been reading your blog for a while (I'm from Los Angeles as well), so its funny that I'm just now emailing you for the first time, since now I live in the Dominican Republic as a PCV. When you have a chance email me if you know of somewhere good! I'm trying to start a knitting club for girls :)

knitting dragonfly said...

This is GREAT!!
Great blog and Etsy store!!