Wednesday, January 09, 2008

New Knitting Pattern: Breast Pillow

Breasts are a very powerful feminine symbol of nurturing. I created this knit pillow pattern in the spirit of honoring the feminine spirit, but with a sense of humor. It was a present for my boyfriend this past holiday. It makes a cozy addition to our couch pillows.

I dyed my own yarn for this project using Knit Picks Bare Peruvian Highland Wool with Jacquard acid dyes. I wanted colors that referenced the 1960's Playboy cartoon artist, Eldon Dedini.

This 9.5-inch diameter knit breast pillow pattern is worked from the top down using double pointed needles or a circular needle. A circular piece of fleece fabric is sewn into the bottom of the pillow for finishing. The pattern is available in my etsy store, ansleybleu.etsy.com.


5 comments:

Regina said...

WOW! That is really great. I'm an aspiring lactation nurse and I think that is pretty cool. Too bad I can't knit!

Geologychick said...

That's awesome - maybe I'll buy one for Mark to sleep on! HA! When are we going to see you again?

arantxa said...

wow!!!!it´s great!!!!

Claudette said...

Random Comment: where is the least expensive place to purchase needles? I've been reading your blog for a while (I'm from Los Angeles as well), so its funny that I'm just now emailing you for the first time, since now I live in the Dominican Republic as a PCV. When you have a chance email me if you know of somewhere good! I'm trying to start a knitting club for girls :)

knittingdragonflies said...

This is GREAT!!
Great blog and Etsy store!!
Vicki